Visa Guidance for foreigners to Vietnam
Vietnam has made strides to make visa easier for tourists to enter the country. The Immigration Department, Ministry of Public Security has officially from September 15, 2003 issued Regulation on visa on arrival for all foreigners to Vietnam (Related Articles in National Ordinance No. 24/2000/PL-UBTVQH10). Instead of taking time to get visa stamped at Vietnamese Embassy, visitors can get stamped visa at the border gates.
In order to process Vietnam visa for foreigners, you can apply visa on arrival or visa on code.
We suggest you should apply for visa on arrival because its procedure is simple, no fail and additional fee.
Website vietnamvisaonline,net will guide you procedure to apply for visa on arrival:
Step 1 - Fill in the Visa Form
Fill in the Vietnam Visa Application Form - only takes a couple of minutes.
Step 2 - Confirm and Pay
Confirm the information for processing your visa and pay the service fee.
Step 3 - Get your Approval Letter
After 1 to 2 working days, we will send to you Visa Approval Letter and pick up your visa at the
Vietnam international airports.
You will be provided:
1. Your pre - approval letter in GPEG.
2. Visa on arrival form which should be filled in advanced to save time at Vietnam airport in PDF.
Our guidance in PDF.
Check your Approval Letter again for all correct information. Without no mistakes, please print Approval Letter and then get on board, submit at check-in desk to get stamp visa.
Step 4 - Get your Stamped
Bring Visa Approval Letter, passport, 2 photos, exit and entry form, and stamping fee to get your visa stamped at the Vietnam international airports.
Please note these information:
1. Prepare 02 latest passport-sized photos (in color, 4*6cm size, with
Our rate from Hanoi to Noi Bai airport is discounted 50% comparing to meter taxi.
Our round trip is including 1 hour of free waiting at the airport.
The 5-seater car is suitable for 3 people with luggage; the 7-seater car is suitable for 5 people with luggage; the 16-seater car is suitable for 12 people with luggage.
Please do provide us your flight number and your hotel/hostel detail once you make a booking. The more details the better, as we want to give you the most accurate quote.
The above prices are per car, not per person and they are all inclusive (Vietnamese V.A.T, toll fees, and parking fees). Ho Chi Minh airport transfer, You do NOT have to pay any extra but only quoted price.
You are not obligated to tip the driver unless you wanted to reward them for their good services.
2. Show this printed approval to the Airlines when you get on board.
3. Check your passport again to make sure your passport is valid at least six months as well as all the information in the visa approval letter is correct.
4. Beside the paid service fee, on checking in Vietnam airport, you are required to pay stamping fee (to get your stamp on your passport) directly to the Vietnam Immigration
Officials there (USD 25/person for single entry, and USD 50/person for multiple entry visa). Visa procedure and customs information
Most visitors to Vietnam need a visa to enter the country. Visas are exempted for the citizens of the countries, which have signed a bilateral or unilateral visa exemption agreement with Vietnam, tourist visa may be valid for 15 to 30 days.
Tourist visa can only be obtained in Vietnamese embassies, consulates abroad. Otherwise, you can get a visa at the border gates if you are invitees of some Vietnamese competent organs or you are travelling on a package tour organized by Vietnamese travel companies. To apply for a visa, the requirements are as follows:
Entry permit form (which can vary from one Vietnamese embassies or consulate abroad to another) - There are two categories of this form: for foreigners and for Vietnamese overseas.
Two photos (4cmx6cm or 3cmx4cm)
You should send your application and photos to a Vietnamese embassy or consulate abroad, which is most convenient to you. On your requirement, the reply will be returned by post (you must provide stamped envelopes with your name and address).
It is easier to get your visa from a Vietnamese travel agency. The nehossary information to the travel agency include:
Vietnamese overseas are required to provide more information:
By February 06, 2009, Vietnam inked 56 visa exemption agreements and treaties with 55 countries, 54 of them have come into effect. The following is the List of visa exemption agreements between Vietnam and other countries.
Customs procedures in Vietnam are quick and simple. To enter and exit Vietnam, visitors are required to fulfill the arrival - departure declaration.
1.- Passengers are given duty free allowance for not more than 1.5 liters of liquor with above 22 degrees of concentration of alcohol and two liters of liquor below 22 degrees of concentration of alcohol; 400 cigarettes; 100 cigars; 500 gram of raw tobacco.
- Other items which are allowed in accompanying baggage are duty free with value not over VND 5,000,000.
- Passengers bringing goods exceeding the amount as above stated are required to fill in the declaration form No.HQ/2002-PMD and pay duty(ies) according to Vietnamese laws.
2. Passengers whose goods are not subject to customs declaration on page 4, 5 (For customs declaration) do not have to declare.
Vietnamese đồng (VND) is the official currency in Vietnam.
- Paper notes include: VND 500,000; 200,000; 100,000; 50,000; 20,000; 10,000; 5,000; 2,000; 1,000; 500; 200 and 100. Coins include VND 5,000; 2,000; 1,000; 500 and 200.
Cheques with value as Vietnamese đồng include: VND
- Foreign currencies and tourist cheques can be exchanged into Vietnamese đồng at banks or foreign exchange agencies.
- Credit cards are popularly used, especially in cities and big tourist centers.
Vietnamese đồng can be changed into foreign currencies at the airport
This has resulted in the number of tourists increasing by 20%. The market will rise further as local enterprises are keen to explore the new market while many others want to reach the country for pilgrimages or sightseeing.
Tu Quy Thanh, director of Lien Bang Travelink Company, said that the company organizes a trip to Myanmar every month, mainly for those who seek investment and business opportunities in the country. The visa exemption will encourage more tourists to visit Myanmar.
However, Thanh said tour prices to Myanmar are rather high compared to other regional countries, ranging from VND16-18 million for a five-day trip. There are only three direct flights between HCMC and Yangon per week, so many people in the city have to travel from HCMC to Hanoi City to fly to Yangon if they want to travel on other days.
Tourism experts have proposed that the government continue offering unilateral tourist visa exemptions for travellers from major